A perfect smile is easily achievable at your dentist in Vista with dental veneers. When you think of a celebrity smile, dental veneers are most likely responsible for the straight, bright and harmonious look many of us desire. If you’re looking to make a dramatic change to your appearance, consider dental veneers as an option.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
A veneer is a natural looking cosmetic treatment that uses thin, lab made shells that mimic actual teeth. They are permanently cemented to the front surface of anterior teeth to help improve esthetics, including the size, shape, and shade of teeth.
Traditional veneers are when teeth shaved down to create room for the restoration and a veneer cemented on. Veneers in Vista offers options that require less tooth preparation and are less invasive than traditional veneers. Lumineers are a common option which is also called “no prep veneers.”
How can veneers help my teeth?
The main purpose of veneers is to improve esthetics. There are several reasons people choose veneers, but the most common requests are for:
- Tooth stains and discolorations that cannot be corrected with whitening. Intrinsic stains cannot usually be removed from polishing or teeth whitening.
- Worn down teeth from excessive grinding or other habits
- Fluorosis that can cause permanent streaks or white spots
- Patients who are unhappy with gaps between teeth
- Size discrepancies
- Chipped and fractured teeth
- Large fillings that break down and require full coverage
- Patients who are unhappy with the length, color, or size of their teeth.
- Chipped or broken teeth typically caused by an injury.
Many people cannot pinpoint the exact dental reason they want veneers but they know they want to improve their smile and veneers is the best way to boost your self esteem and confidence.
Which teeth get veneers?
Veneers are typically done on a single tooth or entire set of anterior teeth, but it really depends on your needs and budget. Your dentist in 92084 will thoroughly evaluate your smile, facial contour, malocclusion, and oral health to determine the proper treatment.
There are many cases where patients can get a single veneer, but in most cases they look more aesthetic when 2, 4, or 6 are done to match the shade and shape of all the front teeth.
What is the process to get veneers?
- We will gently remove some enamel from the front and sides of your teeth to make room for the veneer.
- A 3-D digital scan with our TRIOS® 3Shape scanner will also be used to check the shade of your adjacent teeth and digitally transfer this information to the lab technician to make an exact color match.
- A custom veneer will be fabricated just for you by the finest laboratory. You will be sent home with temporary veneers to wear so no worry about leaving with a beautiful smile.
- Your permanent veneers are fit and adjusted to your teeth to confirm the proper fit and appearance.
- Porcelain veneers are permanently cemented to deliver a lifetime of smiles!
How long do veneers last?
While porcelain veneers are not permanent, they are designed to last for several years. On average, porcelain veneers last over a decade. That said, some dental patients still have porcelain veneers after 20 years. This all depends on practicing good oral health and attending routine dental visits to ensure your veneers are in good shape.
Can you whiten veneers?
Porcelain veneers cannot be whitened by teeth whitening gel. It is advised to whiten prior to getting your dental veneers so the proper shade can be matched to your natural teeth. If you whiten after your veneers, your natural teeth and veneer may not match properly.
Many patients choose dental veneers for treatment because they have severe discolorations that cannot be corrected esthetically by whitening. Porcelain veneers have a beautiful finish to them that will give a natural tooth appearance and rid that stain you’ve always been not fond of.
How much are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers tend to cost more than traditional types of dental treatment like bondings and fillings. However, many people who opt for veneers are looking to make an investment into their smile and dental veneers are one of the best ways to deliver the greatest smile makeovers.
Learn more from your dentist
Dr. Yaron Miller and his experienced team at Ivory Pointe Dentistry in Vista, CA can help you transform your appearance and give you the smile of your dreams. If you are looking for help to create a smile you’re proud of, call Ivory Pointe Dentistry to schedule a consultation